Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Round up of My Mother's Kitchen(MMK) Edition # 1 - One Pot Meals

Round up of My Mother's Kitchen(MMK) Edition # 1 - One Pot Meals

20 lip smacking entries to the first edition of My Mother's Kitchen (MMK) - One Pot Meals :) Am surely impressed, although am sure there are a hundred more in the blogosphere with you lovely bloggers.. 

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic participation, and look forward to more deilightful entries on the current events at my space - MMK Edition # 2 - Indian Mithai Mela and Dish it out with Mushrooms n Onions

Cheers,
Kalyani

Shall we proceed to the round up? By alphabetical order, we have:

Champa’s delightful Minty coconut Rice intrigued me quite a bit, liked the addition of coconut milk to mint rice

Jayashree’s Bisi bele Bhath with broken wheat was certainly healthy and flavourful

Kaveri's Spinach and Corn Pulao was healthy and nutritious too :)

 
Madhavi’s Pudina Bhath – a restaurant speciality in Darshinis @ Bangalore - certainly made me very nostalgic

Priya Sreeram’s Orange and Peas Pulao was an eclectic but delightful combo

R & R’s space Tadka Pasta had this fiery n spicy Pop’s Peppery Chilli to go with Makai Rotis – now who could resist that??

Sangeetha’s Broccoli flavoured Rice is definitely lipsmacking, not to forget one more way of bringing Broccoli back to the Dining Table. She has also sent this Pigeon Peas Tomato Bhath



Sravani has sent in two yummy entries :  Quick and Healthy Tomato Coconut Rice and Healthy Carrot Rice


Vaishali’s Broccoli and Bean wrap and Veg-Corn Handvo are perfect ‘mini meals’ for snackboxes and lunchtime too !



Vardhini’s entry Vermicilli Upma is my all time favourite for a quick One Pot Meal :)

One Pot Meals from my own space "What's cooking?"

                           


Two more dishes that I received were not exactly One Pot Meals. But I have included them in the round up as well.
Akheela of Torview Toronto has sent this delectable Lotus Root Curry that goes well with steamed rice !


Zareena's VazhaiChandu Thoran is definitely a healthy curry


 

5 comments:

  1. that broccoli bean wrap sounds great, I love making old recipes of my mom's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE COLLECTION OF MEAL
    1ST TIME HAPPILY FOLLOW U DO VISIT MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for stopping by my space dear...The event is really good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know. Can you please add this event - Show Me Your Dosa! http://divya-dilse.blogspot.com/2011/06/show-me-your-dosa.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really nice collection of recipes you have here. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...